I was rudely awoken last night with alarms coming from the gas furnace in the house I live in. Apparently the girls living upstairs heard the alarms first and called 911, because by the time I became aware of the situation, there was a big fire truck in front of the house and all sorts of guys running around the house, including somebody from the gas department.
Long story short, the furnace was spewing carbon monoxide into the house and had to be shut down. If they hadn't shut it down, I might be dead now. Now I'm waiting for somebody to get back to me about when this fucking furnace is going to be operational again.
Fossil fuels, can't live with them, can't live without them. It's getting cold in the house. It's much better to die by freezing to death than by carbon monoxide poisoning, dontcha think?
But there's an alternative. The owners of this building could replace that gas furnace with solar panels and all the expensive equipment which comes with them. We could go green.
Unfortunately, that wouldn't work either because today, and for several days now, we haven't seen the sun.
Heavy cloud cover! Lots of rain! Fucked!