In yesterday's post I talked about the University of Colorado's Conference on World Affairs, but I didn't mention the music. Jazz pianist and composer Dave Grusin is a graduate of CU, and most years he would show up with a bunch of great musicians, including his younger brother Don, who also went to CU, and is also a jazz pianist. Whatever impromptu band showed up that year would play several concerts during the week, which was certainly one of highlights for me. Today I'll feature a few film clips from the CWA and feature Dave's less known brother Don. Enjoy.
- Lincoln Boulevard (part I) — Don Grusin and friends at the 2010 CWA (and see part II).
- She Could Be Mine — the Grusin boys, Nelson Rangell and others
- Yin & Yang — pianist Patrick Leonard athe 2009 CWA
- Catwalk — Don Grusin and friends
- Song For Bilboa — all-star band at the 2011 CWA, a Pat Metheny tune