Today's remedy features the great bass player Charlie Haden, who did several duet albums with other great jazz musicians in the 1990s. Haden has been all around, he's one hell of a musician, and has always had exquisite taste. Let's listen to a few tunes from those duet albums today. Perhaps you've never heard them.
This is quiet, contemplative music. Just good listening.
- Spring Is Here — with pianist Kenny Barron, from Night And The City (1996)
- Sometimes I Feel Like A Motherless Child — with pianist Hank Jones, from Steal Away (1995)
- Ill Wind — with Norah Jones, from his Quartet West album Sophisticated Ladies (2010)
- Twilight Song — with Kenny Barron (as above)
- various tunes, live in 2009 — with guitarist Pat Metheny, all from Beyond The Missouri Sky (1997)